Pantone has revealed the Color of the Year and it’s EMERALD! I have to say I’m very excited about this color, even more so than last year’s Tangerine Tango!
Sephora will be teaming up with Pantone again this year to release cosmetics with color of the year theme. You can sign up here to receive a Sephora alert when it releases!
If you just can’t wait, here are some emerald items currently available at Sephora!
Below is a peek and at the items that Sephora will be unveiling, courtesy of Teen Vouge
So, what say you make up mavens? Are you excited for this year’s color? Will you be putting it into your make up and clothing rotation?
Well, it’s not really that close to the holidays yet, but I’m already seeing many things on Sephora being released that are part of the usual holiday makeup parade.
I love this time of year because it inevitably means value sets at awesome prices, and I love me a deal. It’s also a great time to try many things out from a brand at a low price. I’ve made a little compilation of the things that are the best values or that I’m really excited about:
MAC Marilyn comes out October 4th!
Large Eyeshadow ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- How to Marry Soft white (Veluxe Pearl)
- Preferred Blonde Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
- Silver Screen True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
- Showgirl Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)
Lipstick ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Pure Zen Frosted warm nude (Cremesheen) (Repromote)
- Scarlet Ibis Bright orange red (Matte) (Repromote)
- Love Goddess Mid-tone pink red (Satin)
- Charmed I’m Sure Dark true red (Matte)
- Deeply Adored Deep scarlet (Matte)
Dazzleglass ($21.50 U.S. / $26.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Phiff! Sheer yellow peach (Frost) (Repromote)
- Little Rock Soft sheer white with pearl (Frost)
False Lashes Mascara ($20.00 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Extreme Black Black
Brow Finisher ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)
- Clear Clear
Eye Kohl ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)
- Fascinating Intense matte white
- Smolder Intense black
Penultimate Eyeliner ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Rapidblack True black
Penultimate Brow Marker ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
Lashes ($16.00 U.S. / $19.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- 35 Lash
Powder Blush ($22.00 U.S. / $26.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Legendary Pale soft coral (Satin)
- The Perfect Cheek Neutral pink beige (Matte) (Repromote)
Lip Pencil ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Beet Vivid reddish-pink
- Redd Clearly red
- Cherry Vivid bright bluish-red
Beauty Powder ($28.00 U.S. / $34.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Forever Marilyn Sheer pale peach highlighter
Nail Lacquer ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Rich, Rich, Rich Glittery gold (Pearl) (Online Exclusive)
- Vintage Vamp Rich deep retro wine (Cream) (Permanent)
- Stage Red Dark berry red (Cream)
- Flaming Rose True red (Cream) (Permanent)
- Kid Orange Coral (Cream)
So, I’ve gone ahead and set side my items for MAC Marilyn at my local MAC counter.
Deeply Adored 2x
Charmed I’m Sure 2x
The Perfect Cheek 2x
As you can see, I got two of Deeply Adored (the most beautiful deep red I have ever seen!) lipstick and Charmed I’m Sure lipstick (which really won me over) and also two of both the blushes, Legendary and The Perfect Cheek (which much surprised me in pigmentation!). I decided to stay within my budget I’d only get one Love Goddess, but believe me, I was tempted to jump to two!
The beauty powder, which I was really excited about, turned out to be a major dud. Huge disappointment. However, the lipsticks and blushes did not dissapoint. They are the major stars of the show. I already didn’t expect much of the shadows, so it was no surprise I felt none of them were worth getting.
Hope you enjoy the swatches, and keep an eye on my YouTube channel for reviews and swatches when I pick up my order on October 4th!
So Sephora has dropped their prices even lower and added new items to their ongoing sale. If you see something you want be sure to snatch it up because stuff is going to go QUICKLY.
Look at that delicious jewel tone goodness!
YouTube review for the neutral Limited Edition Color Tattoos will be out tomorrow! Don’t forget to subscribe!
So rapper Azealia Banks has teamed up with MAC to make her own lipstick named after her Alter Ego: Yung Rapunxe,l a deep plum, cream Lipstick with an amplified, semi-matte finish.
You can see a swatch here:
This lipcolor is set to release online September 5th and will also be available at NYC MAC stores from September 5th-20th.
Thoughts? Will you be rocking this vampy goodness?
Spotted at Walgreens today, $7.99 what a deal!
Each Kit comes with a 4-pan eyeshadow, mascara, shimmer eyeliner pencil, liquid eyeliner, eyeshadow brush and brow comb/brush.
Each box even has step by step instructions how to achieve the cover look.
The fabulous lady at the make up counter allowed me to take pics of the swatches I did for Style Seeker!
Here is what I could get…
I didn’t swatch nail polish or the repromotes:
- Delectable – orange beige (Repromote) Mattene
- Eden Rouge – bright blue red (Repromote) Mattene
- C-thru – peach beige with shimmer (Permanent) Lipglass
- Dark Diversion – blackened plum (Repromote) Fluideline
- Local Wares – mid-tone olive with multi dimensional pearlized pigments (Didn’t swatch because it was just…ugly…haha) Fluidline
- Rich Ground – reddened coco with frost (Permanent) Fluidline
- Blacktrack – solid flat black (Permanent) Fluidline
- Mean&Green – purple with teal multi- changing pearlized pigments (Permanent) Polish
- Gadabout Girl – blackened plum
- Styleseeker – duo chome red frost (THIS ONE IS AMAZING, SWATCH IT)
To hold you over until Style Seeker, here is my MAC Electric Cool collection video!